Monday 10 September 2007

Election to office in the RMA's?

An elderly couple is celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. “Wife”, the old man says,”we have had a wonderful life together. But have you ever been unfaithful to me?”
She hesitates then boldly replies: Yes, Husband, I have been. Three times”
“Three times! How could that happen?”
She replies: “Do you remember when we were so broke that the bank was about to foreclose? And I went to the bank and the next day the bank extended our loan? Well, that was one time….”
“That’s really hard to take,” says he, “but things were bad, so I can forgive you. And the second time?”
“There was that heart problem and you would have to wait two years for the operation. Right after I went to see the doctor he performed the operation almost immediately. That was the second time…”
“I do understand that you did it out of love for me” says he. “So what was the third time?”
Wifey lowers her head and says “Remember when you ran for Chairman of your Royal Marines Association and you needed 62 more votes?”

No comments: