Thursday 15 March 2007

You just do what we want you to...

I asked BT one simple question. What gives them the right to impose a surcharge on my account when I have always paid promptly, just because I will not give you 'carte blanche' to my bank account?
Two hours later the third manager was still reading off the same prepared script. They even had the nerve to tell me I am wrong and BT do not dictate to their clients and there is no contract!!! Ten minutes after that I quoted Alan Sugan..."BT. You are sacked!"
Warning! BT increase charges for non direct debit payers
What's happened

You may have read in the papers, that BT is going to charge those who don't pay by Direct Debit more than others. Actually it already does that, the gap is just getting bigger.

The Details.

Currently line rental costs £11 for those that pay via direct debit and £12 for those that pay by any other means. Now those who pay without direct debit will pay £12.50

Why use BT?

While BT itself isn't competitive, using it for line rental means you can access override providers such as those detailed in the Callchecker (always worth making six cheap calls a quarter via BT itself though, so you don't have to pay for its voicemail).

This means if you can, switch your payment to direct debit before 1 May.

More details on telephone costs see the cheapest home phones article.

Martin

powered by clipmarks

No comments: