Tuesday 11 March 2008

Gaelic Football on the rise.

The new Limerick manager sent scouts out around the world looking for a
new centre forward to replace his old and decrepid players hoping to win
the Sam Maguire. One of the scouts informs him of a Young Iraqi GAA
player who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar.

The Gaffer flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and
arranges for him to come over.

Two weeks later Limerick are 4-10 to 1-10 down to Kerry with only 20
minutes left. The manager gives the young Iraqi lad the nod and on he
goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 4 goals in 20 minutes and wins the
game for Limerick .
The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the
media love the new star. When the player comes off the pitch he phones
his mum to tell her about his first game in the Championship.
Hello mum, guess what?' he says. 'I played for 20 minutes today, we were
3 goals down but I scored 4 and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans,the
media, they all love me.'
Wonderful, says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day. Your father got
shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten and your
brother has joined a gang of looters, while you were having a great time
.'

The young lad is very upset, 'What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry.'
'Sorry?!' says his mum, 'You're f**king sorry???? It's your fault we
moved to Limerick in the first place!'

No comments: